Subject: Protocol Action: 'Clarifications and Extensions to the GSS-API for the Use of Channel Bindings' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:47:19 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Clarifications and Extensions to the GSS-API for the Use of Channel 
   Bindings '
   <draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-channel-bindings-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-channel-bindings-07.txt

Technical Summary

   This document clarifies and generalizes the Generic Security
   Services Application Programming Interface (GSS-API) "channel
   bindings" facility, and imposes requirements on future GSS-API
   mechanisms and programming language bindings of the GSS-API.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the kitten working group.  The
   working group discussions were uneventful.

Document Quality

   There are no current implementations that we are aware of.  However,
   with the recent publication on channel binding usage, RFC5056, it is
   expected that this guidance will help foster such interest with
vendors.

Personnel

   Shawn M. Emery <[email-masked]> is the document
   shepherd for this document.  Tim Polk has reviewed this document
   for the IESG.