Subject: [kitten] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 06:18:59 -0800

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this document to ensure TLS 1.3 support in SCRAM and GSS-API.

Thanks for addressing my DISCUSS.

Per how this document is updating other documents:

** The “updates” header doesn’t note RFC8446 but the abstract and Section 1
suggest that this document does update it.  Per Martin Duke’s DISCUSS point
(which I support), please clarify.

** Per Section 3
  … this
   document updates [RFC5801], [RFC5802], and [RFC7677] to use "tls-
   exporter" as the default channel binding over TLS 1.3 (and greater).

In what way is RFC7677 being updated?  If RFC5802 is already updated to
required tls-exporter for TLS 1.3 what additional guidance is needed for
RFC7677?