Subject: [L1vpn] Document Action: 'Framework and Requirements for Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:40:41 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Framework and Requirements for Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks '
   <draft-ietf-l1vpn-framework-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Bill Fenner.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l1vpn-framework-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document provides a framework and service level requirements
   for Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks (L1VPNs). This framework is
   intended to aid in developing and standardizing protocols and
   mechanisms to support interoperable L1VPNs.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   No dissent reported. The document has had good review in and out
   of the WG. In particular, an early version of this draft provided
   the background for the formation of the WG. The document has had
   extensive review by SG13 of the ITU-T and lists some members of
   that organisation as co-authors.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Ross Callon has reviewed the document for the IESG. Dimitri 
   Papadimitriou reviewed the document in detail for the routing 
   directorate (at the request of ADs). The document has been 
   updated in response to both sets of comments. 

Note to RFC Editor
 
   Mark Townsley noticed a few nits and entered them in a comment in 
   the tracker (please notice his note from january 11, 2007). Thanks.

IANA Note

   This informational document makes no requests for IANA action.

_______________________________________________
L1vpn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l1vpn