Subject: [L2sm] Ben Campbell's No Objection on charter-ietf-l2sm-00-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 19:25:27 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-l2sm-00-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-l2sm/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A strictly editorial comment:

The second sentence in the third paragraph would benefit from being
broken into a few shorter sentences.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 12:22:23 +0100

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-l2sm/
You're right.
New text, proposed by Adrian:

The working group will derive a single data model that includes support 
for the following:

- point-to-point Virtual Private Wire Services (VPWS),

- multipoint Virtual Private LAN services (VPLS) that use LDP-signaled 
Pseudowires

- multipoint Virtual Private LAN services (VPLS) that use a Border 
Gateway Protocol

(BGP) control plane as described in RFC4761 and RFC6624

- Ethernet VPNs specified in RFC 7432

Regards, Benoit
> .

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 08:24:32 -0500

On 3 Nov 2016, at 6:22, Benoit Claise wrote:

> The working group will derive a single data model that includes 
> support for the following:
>

That's much better, thanks!