Subject: draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-mib-01.txt

From: Reza Shahab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:27:08 -0700

Apologies if this query has been covered and answered in a previous
discussion, I'm new to the mailing list.

With regards to the L2TP MIB draft, does anyone see a requirement to provide
Payload statistics (i.e. packets/octets sent/received) for the
l2tpTunnelStats and l2tpSessionStats groups, as is done for l2tpDomainStats
in the current draft.

Is there a specific reason why payload stats are not included for the
l2tpStatsGroup? Is there a plan to include payload stats for the
l2tpStatsGroup in a future versions of the draft/standard?

Thanks in advance.
Reza

---

From: Evan Caves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:47:04 -0700

> l2tpStatsGroup in a future versions of the draft/standard?

Yes there is. Aggregate payload stats on the tunnel are reflected in 
the ifTable of the ifEntry that an l2tpTunnelStatsEntry extends. See 
section "3.1.2.1  L2TP Tunnel Interfaces" for further explaination. 
Individual payload session traffic stats can also be found in the
ifTable
entries that are being tunneled inside the session (ie: a PPP ifEntry).
We added domain aggregate payload statistics specifically to the 
l2tpDomainStats table to capture the payload traffic that cannot be
found
elsewhere.

evan
-