Subject: discinfo -03 going fast; speak up now

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:06:58 -0400 (EDT)

The draft-ietf-l2tpext-ppp-discinfo-03.txt document that just hit the
repository includes a security section as recommended by the IESG.
Since there are no substantive technical changes to the document,
we're going to back through the IESG with only a quick last call
here.  If you object to anything in the draft or need more time,
please speak up now.

In addition, a pair of late IESG recommendations (not in this draft)
were also accepted.  The first of these is to change SHOULD to MUST in
section 2:

   [...]  If the length is more than
   11 octets, the additional octets MUST contain a descriptive text in
   UTF-8 [3] format that can be displayed to the user or in a log file.
   The format of the AVP is shown below.

The second is to update this reference:

   [3] F. Yergeau, "UTF-8, a transformation format ISO 10646," RFC
       2279, January 1998.

-- 
James Carlson, Internet Engineering       <[email-masked]>
SUN Microsystems / 1 Network Drive         71.234W   Vox +1 781 442 2084
MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757   42.497N   Fax +1 781 442 1677
Second Edition now available - http://people.ne.mediaone.net/carlson/ppp