Subject: [L2tpext] List of clarifications for next revision of the PPPoE Relay draft

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:03:09 +0200

Ron and I tried to capture the issues that need clarification in the 
pppoe relay draft from the thread a few weeks ago. Many thanks to David 
F. Skoll and Vipin Jain for their helpful comments, review and 
discussion. Following are the issues that we will address in the next 
version. Please let me know if the list is incomplete or in error.

Thanks,

- Mark & Ron

"Service Relay Request Message" as "SRRQ" typo fix

Near the bottom of Page 4: "The MAC address of the PADO MUST be the same 
as that which was utilized..." PADO should read PADS.

Exactly one Host-Uniq or AC-Cookie tag per PAD message.

Clients are supposed to treat AC-Cookie as a black box.  They 
distinguish PADO's only by MAC address, Service-Name tag(s) and AC-Name 
tag(s).  If an LAC sends multiple PADO's, they should contain different 
AC-Name tags.

Clarify "Relay Forward Capability" and "Relay Response Capability" 
mechanism.

Exactly one PPPoE Relay AVP is allowed per L2TP SSRP Message.

A node performing PPPoE L2TP Relay SHOULD attempt to distinguish 
retransmitted PADx messages (perhaps via the source MAC address and/or 
arriving interface of the message), and only relay a single copy to L2TP.

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext