Subject: [L2tpext] Question concerning missing AVP between base-02 and base-03

From: Anthony Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:43:12 -0700

I noticed in the draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-base-03.txt in section 6.2
that the Firmware Revision is an optional AVP in the SCCRP message.
However this AVP is never defined in this document.

I remember reading about this attribute and was able to find it in
section 5.4.3 Control Connection Management AVPs in the older
base-02.txt file.

Is there a reason that this AVP has been removed in section 5.4.3 in
the latest version of the l2tpext-l2tp draft?

Anthony

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext

---

From: Jed Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:41:55 -0700 (PDT)

> However this AVP is never defined in this document.

Thanks for catching this; it's a typo.  The Firmware Revision AVP has been
removed altogether from base-03 and should not be listed as a MAY AVP.

> the latest version of the l2tpext-l2tp draft?

The AVP has been removed in L2TPv3 because (1) its use has never been
clearly stated (either in RFC 2661 or in earlier L2TPv3 drafts), and (2)
it is not extensible when compared with newer proposals such as
<draft-mistretta-l2tp-infomsg-00.txt>.

Jed

---

From: Jed Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:41:55 -0700 (PDT)

Jed