Subject: [L2tpext] Question on draft-ietf-l2tpext-mcast-02.txt

From: Wei Luo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:41:02 -0800

Maybe someone can clarify this for me.  The draft states the solution is
suitable for Cable and DSL kind of deployment.  In such a deployment,
each L2TP session represents a particular end user or a remote office. 
Later, the draft also states each session represents a multicast group. 
Don't they seem to have conflict representation?  

If I have a dozen of end users or remote offices connected to the same
LAC want to be in the same multicast group, how many sessions should
there be?

Thanks,

---Wei
_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext

---

From: "BOURDON Gilles FTRD/DAC/ISS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:17:01 +0100

In this draft, there are two different types of sessions: unicast
(typically one session per user), and multicast (one session per group).
Each multicast group has its own "multicast session" between LNS and
LAC, for a given tunnel. If you have a dozen of end users who subscribed
to one multicast group, it just needs one additional session in the
tunnel for the multicast group. If they all want to receive 2 multicast
groups, then it will need 2 additional sessions, and so on...

Regards,

Gilles.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Wei Luo [mailto:[email-masked]]
Envoye : vendredi 22 novembre 2002 23:41
A : [email-masked]
Objet : [L2tpext] Question on draft-ietf-l2tpext-mcast-02.txt

Thanks,

---Wei

---

From: "BOURDON Gilles FTRD/DAC/ISS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:17:01 +0100

Regards,

Gilles.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Wei Luo [mailto:[email-masked]]
Envoye : vendredi 22 novembre 2002 23:41
A : [email-masked]
Objet : [L2tpext] Question on draft-ietf-l2tpext-mcast-02.txt

Thanks,

---Wei