Subject: [L2tpext] L2TP Proxy Authen type value for MSCHAPv2

From: Vinay Shankarkumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:01:42 -0500

Hi,
In the section 4.4.5. of RFC 2661 (Layer Two Tunneling Protocol "L2TP"), 
there is a need to add a value for Authen type Microsoft CHAP Version 2.

The following needs to be added there:

      6 - Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MSCHAPv2)

Please let us know if there are any objections. Will send a request to 
IANA otherwise.

Thanks,
-Vinay.

#--

Network Working Group                                        W. Townsley
Request for Comments: 2661                                   A. Valencia
Category: Standards Track                                  cisco Systems
                                                                A. Rubens
                                                    Ascend Communications
                                                                  G. Pall
                                                                  G. Zorn
                                                    Microsoft Corporation
                                                                B. Palter
                                                         Redback Networks
                                                              August 1999

                   Layer Two Tunneling Protocol "L2TP"

<...>

4.4.5 Proxy LCP and Authentication AVPs

<..>

  Defined Authen Type values are:
          0 - Reserved
          1 - Textual username/password exchange
          2 - PPP CHAP
          3 - PPP PAP
          4 - No Authentication
          5 - Microsoft CHAP Version 1 (MSCHAPv1)

          This AVP MUST be present if proxy authentication is to be
          utilized. If it is not present, then it is assumed that this
          peer cannot perform proxy authentication, requiring
          a restart of the authentication phase at the LNS if the client
          has already entered this phase with the
          LAC (which may be determined by the Proxy LCP AVP if present)

<...>

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext

---

From: Ignacio Goyret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:10:58 -0800

Since we are at it, we should also add a value for EAP as well.

I think we need a short draft with these two new values.
Want to prepare something up and submit it?

---

From: Vinay Shankarkumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:53:07 -0500

> Since we are at it, we should also add a value for EAP as well.

Okay, Will include that as well.

> Want to prepare something up and submit it?

Okay,

Thanks,
-Vinay.

-- 
   __________________________________________________________________
##
## Vmail: Home (919)465-9246 Work (919)392-8940 Fax: (919)392-7200
##__________________________________________________________________