Subject: Re: Draft charter for L2VPN - IPLS & ARP Mediation

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 23:00:24 -0700

OK, the IPLS approach seems interesting to me, but I'd like to gauge
interest within the WG a bit more. Can I ask people interested in this
to answer the following questions (on this list):

 1. Do you support including IPLS in the charter?

 2. Would you be able to actively help the WG with this work
    (by reviewing the documents, participating in discussions,
    providing your feedback, etc.)?

 3. Do you believe that draft-shah-ppvpn-ipls-01.txt would be
    the right starting point for the WG to approach the IPLS
    subject? (positive answer would mean that the doc would
    become a WG item)

Draft authors pre-counted :)

Regarding ARP Mediation. It seems that that this topic is part of a
bigger interworking problem. I think we could put this in the list of
potential future topics, and revisit it when/if we're done with
basic IPLS.

Thanks

Alex

---

From: "Hamid Ould-Brahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:47:37 -0400

> potential future topics, and revisit it when/if we're done with

My suggestion would be to capture day one in the charter that 
"IP-only l2vpn" services needs to be developed that includes IPLS and
IP-only l2vpn interworking -
instead of specifying IPLS now and l2vpn interworking later on.

It is beneficial to address ip-only interworking while 
l2vpn requirements and framework drafts are being worked out 
(and not later on), particularly there has been some work 
already done on this topic.

Hamid.