Subject: Questions on LDP

From: "Nurit Sprecher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:25:26 +0200

Hi,
I have some questions on LDP for establishing Tunnel-LSPs, as follows:
1.	What is the common distribution mode in LDP: DoD or DU?
2.	Is that true that in order to use DU in order distribution mode, the LSRs should be merging capable? Otherwise, what is a trigger for a P router to issue a more than label-mapping message for each neighbor?
3.	When DU and conservative retention mode are supported, a downstream node should periodically re-advertise the label binding for a re-routing case. Is that true?
4.	Is LDP a popular method for establishing Tunnel-LSPs?
Thanks,
Nurit.

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:57:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nurit,

> 1.	What is the common distribution mode in LDP: DoD or DU?

DU for packet-based MPLS, DoD for cell-based MPLS.

> 2. Is that true that in order to use DU in order distribution mode,
> the LSRs should be merging capable?

Yes.

> 3. When DU and conservative retention mode are supported, a
> downstream node should periodically re-advertise the label binding
> for a re-routing case. Is that true?

I'm not sure I get your question.

> 4.	Is LDP a popular method for establishing Tunnel-LSPs?

Quite so.

[These questions really belong in the MPLS mailing list, not here.]

Kireeti.
-------