Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-praba-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-emul-01.txt

From: "Prabakaran T Sampath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:07:34 +0530

Dear L2VPN-WG,

This is Prabakaran T.S. and Musthafa A.S. from FutureSoft, a Flextronics
company.
We have come up with some concept and contributed it as a IETF
draft in VPLS. Kindly go through this review comments updated draft
and give us your valuable comments and feedback either in
IETF VPLS working group or directly to us by email.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Prabakaran T.S.
Musthafa A.S.
FutureSoft, a Flextronics company,
480-481 Anna salai,
Nandanam,
Chennai-600035. INDIA.
Ph: +91-44-24330550, extn: 459

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, 31 March 2005 2:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-praba-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-emul-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Multicast Emulation over VPLS
	Author(s)	: Prabakaran. Ts, Musthafa. As
	Filename	: draft-praba-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-emul-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-3-30

In Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), the PE devices provide a
   logical interconnect such that CE devices belonging to a specific
   VPLS instance appear to be connected by a single LAN.  A VPLS
   solution performs replication for multicast traffic at the ingress
   PE devices.  When replicated at the ingress PE, multicast traffic
   wastes bandwidth when 1. Multicast traffic is sent to sites with no
   members, and 2. Pseudo wires to different sites go through a shared
   path. This document addresses the above cases by using LDP
   signaling to emulate Multicast operation over VPLS with out using
   IGMP and PIM snooping as described in [VPLS-MCAST].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-praba-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-emul-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-praba-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-emul-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-praba-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-emul-01.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL)
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for
what it is intended.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message.
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-praba-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-emul-01.txt