Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 15:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ARP Mediation for IP Interworking of Layer 2 VPN
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen, H. Shah, T. Smith, G. Heron, W. Augustyn, A. Malis, V. Kompella, S. Wright, S. Khandekar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-14.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2010-7-6
	
The VPWS service [L2VPN-FRM] provides point-to-point connections 
     between pairs of Customer Edge (CE) devices.  It does so by 
     binding two Attachment Circuits (each connecting a CE device 
     with a Provider Edge, PE, device) to a pseudowire (connecting 
     the two PEs).  In general, the Attachment Circuits must be of 
     the same technology (e.g., both Ethernet, both ATM), and the 
     pseudowire must carry the frames of that technology.  However, 
     if it is known that the frames' payload consists solely of IP 
     datagrams, it is possible to provide a point-to-point connection 
     in which the pseudowire connects Attachment Circuits of 
     different technologies. This requires the PEs to perform a 
     function known as "ARP Mediation". ARP Mediation refers to the 
     process of resolving Layer 2 addresses when different resolution 
     protocols are used on either Attachment Circuit. The methods 
     described in this document are applicable even when the CEs run 
     a routing protocol between them, as long as the routing protocol 
     runs over IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.