Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:48:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS
	Author(s)       : Pranjal Kumar Dutta
                          Florin Balus
                          Olen Stokes
                          Geraldine Calvignac
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-06-23

   [RFC4762] describes a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses
   that have been dynamically learned in a VPLS Instance for faster
   convergence on topology change. The procedure also removes MAC
   addresses in the VPLS that do not require relearning due to such
   topology change.

   This document defines an enhancement to the MAC Address Withdrawal
   procedure with empty MAC List [RFC4762], which enables a Provider
   Edge(PE) device to remove only the MAC addresses that need to be
   relearned.

   Additional extensions to [RFC4762] MAC Withdrawal procedures are
   specified to provide optimized MAC flushing for the PBB-VPLS
   specified in [PBB-VPLS Model].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-04.txt