Subject: Network Overlays in Taipai

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:36:02 -0400

Hi.

I've been informed that we will be having a session on network
overlays at the Taipai meeting.

After a discussion with the ADs, the nvo3 work area has been deemed to
already fit within the scope of the l2vpn WG. Although this is a new
work area in some sense, we will not need to have a separate BOF as is
the normal sequence when trying to create a WG.

The L2VPN WG will have two sessions in Taipai, one of which will be
dedicated to the topic of network overlays. I don't know yet which day
that session will be, as the draft schedule has not been published
yet.

I will be organizing the session. So if you'd like to present during
the session, please let me know. And if you want to submit an ID on
the topic, the deadlines are:

    * 2011-10-24 (Monday): Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document
      (-00) submission by 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC), upload using IETF ID
      Submission Tool.

    * 2011-10-31 (Monday): Internet Draft final submission cut-off by
      17:00 PT (00:00 UTC), upload using IETF ID Submission Tool.

Further discussion should move to the L2VPN list (some already
has). Those of you not already on the l2vpn list can subscribe here:

     General Discussion: [email-masked]
     To Subscribe:       https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2vpn
     Archive:            http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/l2vpn/current/maillist.html

I'm looking forward to a productive discussion!

Thomas

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:08:30 -0400

Just as an FYI, the intial Taipai schedule is out at
http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/82/

L2VPN has two slots:

      Monday, 1PM
      Thursday, 9AM

We'll have to coordinate with the L2VPN chairs as to which slot will
cover overlays.

That said, I've been warned already by the ADs (and long-time IETFers
know this) that this is an initial schedule, and will likely change
(this is often the case with IETF agendas). So for those planning on
attending, the safest thing to do would be to plan on being in Taipai
M-F. Either or both of these sessions could still be moved in order to
accomodate general scheduling issues (including to Friday!!!).

Thomas

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:52:00 -0400

> For the current schedule, Monday 1p is the same slot as armd, which
> has a significant overlap of interest with nvo3, so Thursday, 9a
> would probably be a better choice.

Indeed, that is a problem. Thanks for pointing it out. 

Thomas

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:47:12 -0400

Thomas,

For the current schedule, Monday 1p is the same slot as armd, which has a significant
overlap of interest with nvo3, so Thursday, 9a would probably be a better choice.

Thanks,
--David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Thomas Narten
> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:09 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [nvo3] Network Overlays in Taipai
> 
> _______________________________________________
> nvo3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nvo3

---

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:19:01 -0400

FYI - I've already asked the secretariat to help resolve the ARMD/L2VPN conflict. I'll post follow-up details when this is sorted.

Cheers,
-Benson