Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-11.txt> (LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:52:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
WG (l2vpn) to consider the following document:
- 'LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS'
  <draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC4762 describes a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses that
   have been dynamically learned in a Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
   Instance for faster convergence on topology change.  The procedure
   also removes MAC addresses in the VPLS that do not require relearning
   due to such topology change.  This document defines an enhancement to
   the MAC Address Withdrawal procedure with empty MAC List from
   RFC4762, which enables a Provider Edge(PE) device to remove only the
   MAC addresses that need to be relearned.  Additional extensions to
   RFC4762 MAC Withdrawal procedures are specified to provide optimized
   MAC flushing for the Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB)VPLS specified
   in RFC7041.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1749/