Subject: RFC 7387 on A Framework for Ethernet Tree (E-Tree) Service over a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:39:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7387

        Title:      A Framework for Ethernet Tree 
                    (E-Tree) Service over a Multiprotocol Label 
                    Switching (MPLS) Network 
        Author:     R. Key, Ed.,
                    L. Yong, Ed.,
                    S. Delord, 
                    F. Jounay,
                    L. Jin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28205
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2vpn-etree-frwk-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7387.txt

This document describes an Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) solution framework
for supporting the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) E-Tree service over a
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network.  The objective is to
provide a simple and effective approach to emulate E-Tree services
in addition to Ethernet LAN (E-LAN) services on an existing MPLS
network.

This document is a product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC