Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7117 (6724)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 14:29:52 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7117,
"Multicast in Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6724

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.2.2.4

Original Text
-------------
   If the received Inter-AS A-D route carries the PMSI Tunnel attribute
   with the Tunnel Identifier set to RSVP-TE P2MP LSP, then the ASBR
   that originated the route MUST establish an RSVP-TE P2MP LSP with the
   local PE/ASBR as a leaf.  This LSP MAY have been established before
   the local PE/ASBR receives the route, or it MAY be established after
   the local PE receives the route.

Corrected Text
--------------
   If the received Inter-AS A-D route carries the PMSI Tunnel attribute
   with the Tunnel Type set to RSVP-TE P2MP LSP, then the ASBR
   that originated the route MUST establish an RSVP-TE P2MP LSP with the
   local PE/ASBR as a leaf.  This LSP MAY have been established before
   the local PE/ASBR receives the route, or it MAY be established after
   the local PE receives the route.

Notes
-----
There is a defined Tunnel Type for RSVP-TE P2MP LSP, whereas the Tunnel Identifier field has a more complicated structure that depends on the Tunnel Type.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7117 (draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-16)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Multicast in Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
Publication Date    : February 2014
Author(s)           : R. Aggarwal, Ed., Y. Kamite, L. Fang, Y. Rekhter, C. Kodeboniya
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG