Subject: export RTs

From: "naresh paliwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Sep 2003 12:51:58 -0000

What if I add/delete a export RT of a VPN?

As far as i know, Its not discussed in the latest BGP/MPLS VPNs 
draft. The draft discusses about import RT (VPN join and prune) 
only.

"How the change in export RT should be handled" is my problem 
basically.
Readvertsing all the routes belong to the VPN doesnot help, I have 
analysed it very carefully. It has problems while deleting export 
RT.

Can it be possible to handle change of export RT without 
disrupting the bgp session??

Regards
Naresh Paliwal
___________________________________________________
Meet your old school or college friends from
1 Million + database...
Click here to reunite www.batchmates.com/rediff.asp

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:14:24 +0200

Naresh,

Why would it be any different for RTs then for any other deletion and 
readdition of some other attribute or for that matter other std or ext 
community ?

Neither of those above should disrupt your BGP session. As new 
advertisment is an implict withdraw of previosuly advertised NLRIs so I 
don't really see any issues.

 > "How the change in export RT should be handled" is my
 > problem basically.

So to answer this question my take would be that prefixes should be 
readvertised with new RTs.

Thx,
R.

 > naresh paliwal wrote:

> As far as i know, Its not discussed in the latest BGP/MPLS VPNs draft. 
> The draft discusses about import RT (VPN join and prune) only.
> 
> "How the change in export RT should be handled" is my problem basically.
> analysed it very carefully. It has problems while deleting export RT.
> 
> Can it be possible to handle change of export RT without disrupting the 
> bgp session??
> 
> Regards
> Naresh Paliwal