Subject: PE Route Reflectors

From: John Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:55:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I want to setup RRs in my SP topology. This RR will be catering 3 VRFs, say A, B and C -
each with its own RD and RTs.

I need to only configure the VRFs on this RR. I dont need to bind any interfaces to any
of the VRFs that i define .. Right? This is assuming that i have no CE routers attached
on this router. I want to use the RR for the sole purpose of reducing my IBBP mesh.

Moreover, would this RR advertise the same BGP Label to its client PE router , the one
which it recieves from its other client PE router? I think Yes. The label is left
untouched in RRs.

Regards,
John

________________________________________________________________________
Want to chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the FREE Yahoo!
Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:41:17 +0200

Hi John,

> on this router. I want to use the RR for the sole purpose of reducing my IBBP mesh.

why would you configure VRFs on the RR if you don't bind interfaces to
them ? Your RR will only need to deal with VPN routes (RD+IPv4), right ?
 
> which it recieves from its other client PE router? I think Yes. The label is left

Correct.