Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-verification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:06:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Layer-3 VPN Import/Export Verification
	Author(s)	: M. Behringer, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-verification-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-3-25
	
Configuration errors on Provider Edge (PE) routers in Layer-3 VPN
   networks based on [RFC2547] can lead to security breaches of the
   connected VPNs.  For example, the PE router could be mistakenly
   configured such that a connected Customer Edge (CE) router belongs to
   an incorrect VPN.  Here we propose a scheme that verifies local and
   remote routing information received by the PE router before it
   installs new VPN routes into the Virtual Routing & Forwarding
   Instance (VRF).  The proposed changes affect only the PE routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-verification-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-verification-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-verification-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.