Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-07.txt]

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:26:32 -0400

This begins a brief last call on the document. Last call will be
complete in 14 days.

                         -r

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-07.txt
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:50:01 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using BGP as an Auto-Discovery Mechanism for VR-based Layer-3 VPNs
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-07.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-4-10
	
In any provider-based VPN scheme, the Provider Edge (PE) devices
attached to a common VPN must exchange certain information as a
prerequisite to establish VPN-specific connectivity. The main
purpose of an auto-discovery mechanism is to enable a PE to
dynamically discover the set of remote PEs having VPN members in
common. The auto-discovery mechanism proceeds by having a PE
advertises to other PEs, at a minimum, its own IP address and the
list of VPN members configured on that PE. Once that information is
received the remote PEs will then identify the list of VPN members
they have in common with the advertising PE, and use the information
carried within the discovery mechanism to establish VPN
connectivity. This draft defines a BGP based auto-discovery
mechanism for Virtual Router-based layer-3 VPNs. This mechanism is
based on the approach used by BGP/MPLS-IP-VPN for distributing VPN
routing information within the service provider(s).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.