Subject: RE Advancing the Protocol and Morin Drafts

From: "Bitar, Nabil N." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:54:30 -0400

Support. Progressing the draft should also consider the inclusion of
additional requirements that have risen as needed to be supported by an
MVPN solution

Thanks,
Nabil

This email starts a 3 week call for input, to expire October 23, 2008,
for the following steps: 

1.) To accept draft-morin-l3vpn-mvpn-considerations-03 as a working
group document;  and

2.) To turn this document into a requirements draft, with mandatory to
implement features for an interoperable implementation. The authors
have indicated that they are willing to do this.

Our intention is, if this approach is accepted, to then begin WG last
call to submit to the IESG for publication:

draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast
draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-bgp

We expect that these two documents will be submitted more or less as is
(i.e., certainly with any new bug fixes or other necessary corrections
and 
improvements, but without specific mandatory to implement feature
description in those drafts).

Please respond to the list with your recommendations for these two
courses of action.

Regards
Marshall & Danny

---

From: "LEVRAU, LIEVEN \(LIEVEN\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:58:01 +0200

Support

./

Lieven

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Bitar, Nabil N.
Sent: 23 October 2008 05:55
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE Advancing the Protocol and Morin Drafts

Thanks,

Nabil

group document;  and

courses of action.

Regards

Marshall & Danny