Subject: draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-07.txt

From: Rakesh Bhatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 01:42:20 -0700

Hi Team

In section 6.4.1 ,

If an RSVP-TE P2MP LSP is being used to carry a set of C-flows
   traveling along a bidirectional C-Tree, using the procedures of
   section 11.2, the head end MUST include the PE Distinguisher Labels
   attribute in its I-PMSI Intra-AS A-D route or S-PMSI A-D route, and
   MUST provide an upstream-assigned label for each PE that it has
   selected as the upstream PE for the C-tree's RPA ("Rendezvous Point
   Address").  See section 11.2 for details.

Is this always necessary to put PE Distinguisher Labels  Attribute ?
If we don't have Inter AS then do we need to add this attribute ?

Thanks
Rakesh Bhatt

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 06:40:05 -0700

Rakesh,

> Is this always necessary to put PE Distinguisher Labels Attribute ?

*Under the conditions you quoted above* (P2MP LSP is being used to
carry a set of C-flows traveling along a bidirectional C-tree, using
the procedures of section 11.2) it is always necessary to carry PE
Distinguisher Labels Attribute. See 11.2.2 for more details on this
attribute, as well as on its usage.

Yakov.