Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6513 (3658)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 07:15:56 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6513,
"Multicast in MPLS/BGP IP VPNs".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6513&eid=3658

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Joël Repiquet <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.3.1

Original Text
-------------
   Whenever a C-multicast route is sent, it must also carry the Selected
   Upstream Multicast Hop corresponding to the C-root address
   (determined by the procedures of Section 5.1).  The Selected Upstream
   Multicast Hop must be encoded as part of a Route Target Extended
   Community to facilitate the optional use of filters that can prevent
   the distribution of the update to BGP speakers other than the
   Upstream Multicast Hop.  See Section 10.1.3 of [MVPN-BGP] for the
   details.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Whenever a C-multicast route is sent, it must also carry the Selected
   Upstream Multicast Hop corresponding to the C-root address
   (determined by the procedures of Section 5.1).  The Selected Upstream
   Multicast Hop must be encoded as part of a Route Target Extended
   Community to facilitate the optional use of filters that can prevent
   the distribution of the update to BGP speakers other than the
   Upstream Multicast Hop.  See Section 11.1.3 of [MVPN-BGP] for the
   details.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6513 (draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Multicast in MPLS/BGP IP VPNs
Publication Date    : February 2012
Author(s)           : E. Rosen, Ed., R. Aggarwal, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:09:18 +0000

The errata relates to a wrong reference (RFC6513 referring to 
non-existing section 10.1.3 of RFC6514 instead of section 11.1.3).

Although the error seems mostly harmless, the errata is strictly 
speaking valid.

-Thomas

2013-06-17, RFC Errata System:
> Reported by: Jo�l Repiquet <[email-masked]>
>
> Section: 5.3.1
>
> Original Text
> -------------

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.