Subject: [Lager] Benoit Claise's No Objection on charter-ietf-lager-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 06:15:09 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-lager-00-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lager/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

>From the charter text, it's not too clear to me (and that might be fine
because domain registries is outside of my comfort zone, hence a COMMENT
and not a BLOCK) if you want to specify only the interoperable format to
share the rulesets (1), or redefine the rulesets (2) as well.

(1): "Domain registries commonly need to share these rules, but there is
no interoperable format that can be used that can support many common use
cases "
(2) This group seeks to produce such a format, which will enable re-use
and simpler implementation of rulesets in registries.

If it includes the new rulesets, do I understand correctly that something
like https://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tables/tables/axa_fr_1.0.txt would
be re-specified with the new format?

---

From: Asmus Freytag <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 08:10:57 -0700

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lager/

The objective is to specify the interoperable format.
> be re-specified with the new format?

Once the format is standardized, restating existing tables would make 
them more interoperable. It is my understanding that this aspect of the 
work is outside the [lager] scope.

A./
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Lager mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lager
>