Subject: Update to draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-01.txt

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:29:06 -0600

I-D Editor,

Please publish the attached I-D -- draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-02.txt as an update to draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-01.txt.

This is a working item of the LDAPBIS working group.

LDAPBIS Group,

Changes for this revision are in Appendix B and repeated here.

Changes made to draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-01.txt: 
 
B.8 Section 3.4 
    
   - Reworded text surrounding subschemaSubentry to reflect that it is 
     a single-valued attribute that holds the schema for the root DSE. 
     Also noted that if the server masters entries that use differing 
     schema, each entry's subschemaSubentry attribute must be 
     interrogated. This may change as further fine-tuning is done to 
     the data model. 
    
B.9 Section 4.1.12 
    
   - Specified that the criticality field is only used for requests and 
     not for unbind or abandon. Noted that it is ignored for all other 
     operations. 
    
B.10 Section 4.2 
    
   - Noted that Server behavior is undefined when the name is a null 
     value, simple authentication is used, and a password is specified. 
    
B.11 Section 4.2.(various) 
    
   - Changed "unauthenticated" to "anonymous" and "DN" and "LDAPDN" to 
     "name" 
    
B.12 Section 4.2.2 
    
   - Changed "there is no authentication or encryption being performed 
     by a lower layer" to "the underlying transport service cannot 
     guarantee confidentiality" 
    
B.13 Section 4.5.2 
    
   - Removed all mention of ExtendedResponse due to lack of 
     implementation. 

Thanks.  Jim