Subject: draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol: WG LC summary

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:55:58 -0700

The chairs initiated a WG Last Call on:
  	Title		: LDAP: The Protocol
	Editor		: J. Sermersheim
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-26.txt
on 30 Aug 2004.  While the last call period was to expire
on 14 September 2004, the extended the period to allow
additional WG review and discussion.  The period is now
closed.

During the WG Last Call period, aside from a number of
editorial issues, three substantive issues were raised.  

1) evaluation of AVAs in filters
2) matchedDN description
3) starttls result codes

The chairs believe WG consensus supports a recommendation
of this document, once the above issues have been appropriately
addressed, to the IESG for consideration as a Standard Track RFC.

The chairs believe WG consensus supports addressing the
substantive issues as follows:

1) evaluation of AVAs in filters
   Update the I-D to include a summary of filter evaluation
   consistent with section 8.7.2 of X.501(93).

2) matchedDN description
   Update the I-D as suggested in:
   http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200409/msg00018.html
   with clarification suggested by:
   http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200409/msg00021.html

3) starttls result codes
   Update the I-D as suggested in
   http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200409/msg00019.html
   as clarified by
   http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200409/msg00022.html

The chairs defer to the Editor on editorial issues.

The chairs hereby direct the Editor to prepare a revision which
addresses these issues as detailed above.  The chairs intend, after
allowing the WG to review the revision to ensure the issues were
addressed in a manner consistent with WG consensus, to recommend
the document to the IESG.

Kurt & Bob, LDAPBIS co-chairs