Subject: [schema] groupofNames and groupofuniquenames

From: "Vithalprasad Gaitonde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:38:35 -0600

Both these classes define member (and uniqueMember) as MUST attrs (same
as X.521).
This means that a group without members cannot exist. This seems like a
limitation in certain situations - when a group needs to be first
created and then assigned members OR when the last member of the group
is removed (from membership) but still there is a need to have that grp
around in the directory for a future need.
Also, the current schema makes it unamenable to be used in conjunction
with dynamic groups.
Any suggestions ? comments ?

Thanks,
Prasad

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:57:48 -0700

At 11:38 PM 9/19/2004, Vithalprasad Gaitonde wrote:
>This means that a group without members cannot exist.

Correct.

>This seems like a limitation in certain situations

Likely.

>Any suggestions ? comments ?

Define some new 'group' schema elements.  Suggest such be
discussed on the ldapext mailing list as such is beyond
our scope.

Kurt