Subject: BCP 64 RFC 4520 on Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Considerations for the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:25:00 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 64        
        RFC 4520

        Title:      Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) 
                    Considerations for the Lightweight Directory Access 
                    Protocol (LDAP) 
        Author:     K. Zeilenga
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 34298

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ldapbis-bcp64-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4520.txt

This document provides procedures for registering extensible elements
of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).  The document also
provides guidelines to the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
describing conditions under which new values can be assigned.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the LDAP (v3) Revision
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...