Subject: RFC 4514 on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): String Representation of Distinguished Names

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:54:41 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4514

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): 
                    String Representation of Distinguished Names 
        Author:     K. Zeilenga, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 31859
        Obsoletes:  RFC2253
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4514.txt

The X.500 Directory uses distinguished names (DNs) as primary keys to
entries in the directory.  This document defines the string
representation used in the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
(LDAP) to transfer distinguished names.  The string representation is
designed to give a clean representation of commonly used distinguished
names, while being able to represent any distinguished name.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the LDAP (v3) Revision
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...