Subject: Standard test suite for LDAP client testing?

From: Emiel van de Laar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:30:52 +0200

Hello list,

I'm posting this to two mailing lists... Hope no one minds.

I'm working on an LDAP client API implementation. To test the
API I'm looking for a standard test set (data) which can be
loaded into various server implementations.

The closest thing I have found so far is the following project
which seems to be quite dormant.

http://www.opengroup.org/dif/blits/

The LDIFs I tried worked for 99%; a couple of errors were found
relating to schema. It is quite dated...

And then there are the test cases... which could probably be
updated as well.

Any one have any other recommendations? Perhaps someone is
involved with BLITS or something similar?

I could flesh out my own test data and test cases but I'd
rather build on something that already exists.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

- Emiel van de Laar

---

From: Terry Gardner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:02:58 -0400

The test packages in OpenDS are exhaustive for testing OpenDS or from  
a client perspective.

> rather build on something that already exists.

----
Mobile: +1 404 925 6385
AIM: NotEternalName
skype: Terry_J_Gardner
http://blogs.sun.com/terrygardner

"Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come." - Carl Sandberg