Subject: ModularTec "TecNews" Vol 1-5

From: "ModularTec" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 00:25:33 -0400 (EDT)

MODULARTEC
"TecNews"  Volume 1/ 5 To: [email-masked]

the
leading sell side eCommerce application

If you
would like to unsubscribe from the newsletter, please reply to this
mail with the word <remove> in the subject line.

One
Inventory - Multiple Online Storefronts

The modular architecture of the sell side applications provided in a
hosted or standalone environment helps to connect suppliers and retailers in
a simple and effective way. Once a supplier has set up his online
inventory and catalog - the supplier can sell direct to consumers (setting up
his own e-store)  or he can sell indirect via an unlimited
number of resellers. The supplier simply registers the retailer in
the system and the retailer will receive an invitation to set up an
online store with the suppliers products.

1.
Supplier/ Catalog Benefits The built in retail management tools
enable the supplier to take control of his offering in the retail
market. The supplier controls the master inventory and display of the
products and can invite or reject retail stores to set up an
e-store.

The ability to provide retail stores a fast and reliable online
storefront set up – including drop shipment facilities –
enhances the relationship between product supplier and retail store.
Convenience, economics and time to market are benefiting the retail
store owner and will likely keep him more loyal to the existing
supplier.

2. Retail Benefits  Instead
of creating the online catalog, scanning and setting up images of
products – all information is readily available to the retail
storeowner and can be modified in case of pricing, merchandising,
product mix, etc.

The fast time to market, economics and convenience are major
benefits to the retailer. Inventory management and shipment is
handled by the specific product supplier and does not inherit any
inventory costs or additional insurance burdens to the retail
storeowner.

A major benefit is the possibility for the retail storeowner to add
his own inventory and be handled as a supplier  –
which allows him to enhance the product mix from that particular
supplier and the online presence adds an additional revenue stream
for the retailers business.

>>>more

Tools
that reduce the workload on system administrators

1. Distributed
Server Tools:

These Tools enable data center operators to predefine the
numbers of new subscribers for either online stores or
inventory/ catalog management (suppliers). Once the pre set
number is reached on a specific server the central admin
server will configure the next available retail/supplier server with the
default settings for seamless operations.

2. Automated
Table Organizer:

Each new subscriber information (supplier/ retailer product,
pricing, catalog, etc) will be stored in database
tables - to allow interactivity with each of the subscribers
data on multiple servers the central admin server sets the
connections between those tables that require interaction.

The technical administration
tools empower data center operators, ASPs and ISPs to automate
many of the tasks that are required to integrate new servers
in the existing system. This reduces the administrative
efforts and allows the system administrator to focus on system
critical issues.

>>>more

eCommerce
engineering

ModularTec's
engineering group offers now onsite project management and
engineering services around its basic commerce application for
customers in the United States and Europe.

>>>contact

Headquarter
in San Mateo, California

Modular Technologies, Inc., announced that its Board has decided to
set up the International Headquarter of the Company in San Mateo,
California.

>>>more

We would like you to >>talk
back<< with comments and reactions.

Our
Mission:

Modulartec
Inc. is a technology company servicing Distribution Companies
and Application Service Providers with commerce software
applications that enable a consumer products sell side driven
supply chain to function effectively.

Contact Info:

Modular Technologies, Inc.

San
Mateo Gateway Metro Center

1840 Gateway Drive

San Mateo, CA 94404

[email-masked]

www.modulartec.com

If you
would like to unsubscribe from the newsletter, please reply to this
mail with the word <remove> in the subject line.

Copyright
2001 Modular Technologies, Inc.