Subject: the 4th edition of X.500

From: "Hoyt L. Kesterson II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 00:02:43 -0700

Hello all

Revised drafts of the 4th edition of X.500/9594 have been placed on 
the server in pdf and word formats at

   ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/4thEditionTexts/

The revised texts do not contain any major changes, e.g. defect 
resolution or amendments. Most of the changes made are editorial. 
However

1) figure 6 in X.511/9594-4 has been updated to reflect the changes 
introduced by the amendments incorporated in previous drafts.

2) resolved inconsistencies in the description of new Service Errors 
in X.511/9594-3

3) resolved inconsistencies in the description of notification 
attributes in X.520/9594-6

These documents are being prepared for publishing (X.509 has been 
completed and is very close to publishing) and we will attempt to 
correct any errors that are identified.

Comments on these drafts should be directed to Erik Andersen 
([email-masked]) and me ([email-masked]).

    hoyt

--