Subject: Result Codes

From: "Karen Gdaniec" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 10:56:27 -0400

Folks,
A while ago (middle of last year, I think) there was some discussion about
a draft on result codes.  The idea, I thought, was to get some concensus on
what result codes should be returned by an LDAP server in various
situations.

I have searched for this draft in various spots and have been unable to
locate it.  At one point, the group was considering merging the result code
information into an update of RFC 2251.

Can someone tell me the disposition of the result codes draft and where I
might locate a copy of that draft or whatever draft contains the
information?

Thanks,

Karen

Internet: [email-masked]
Internal: Karen Gdaniec/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or
                 IBMUSM10(KGDANIEC)
phone: 607.752.1075   tie-line: 8/852-1075
fax: 607.752.3681

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 10:30:28 -0700

Current 'consensus' appears to be that the LDAPbis WG should
incorporate a description of each result codes and to clarify
their use in a subsequent revision of the RFC 2251 revision
I-D.  I am not sure this will be done in the next revision of
this I-D.  More information regarding LDAPbis work can be found
at <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ldapbis-charter.html>.

Kurt