Subject: revised agenda for the flagstaff meeting

From: "Hoyt L. Kesterson II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:01:33 -0700

I have revised the agenda for the meeting in Flagstaff - one item for 
work, the other for fun. See

    ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Flagstaff2001/announcementRev2.pdf

I have modified the agenda to show we will discuss LDAP's use of 
sub-entries on Monday, 24 September, after we complete the processing 
of comments on the PDAMs for the Friend Attribute and for Paged 
Results.

To prepare for that discussion I suggest you read the document Skip 
Slone has prepared at

ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Flagstaff2001/InputDocuments/UnofficialSubentriesInLDAP.pdf

I have arranged a private tour of the Lowell Observatory for Tuesday 
evening, 25 September, at 7:30. We already have to give up the 
meeting room early at 4 PM for another function that day so there 
should be adequate time for early eaters and "home work" assignments 
before going to the observatory. You don't want to miss it. We will 
get to see the place where Percival Lowell observed Mars and drew the 
"canali" leading to the speculations of life on Mars. See

http://aerospacescholars.org/scholars/earthmars/unit1/canali_and_first_martians.htm

Unlike modern observatories with their computer controlled telescopes 
hooked to imaging devices, the telescope at Lowell is what you would 
expect to see in a movie based on a Jules Verne book. It is a Clark 
refractor with a 24 inch diameter lens. You peer through the lens at 
the end of the telescope. If you want to look at something low on the 
horizon, you have to stand on a tall step ladder. If you want to 
observe something high overhead, you stand in a pit in the floor.

If the weather is good (and it should be in late September), we will 
each have a chance to look through the telescope.

more information can be found at  http://www.lowell.edu/

    hoyt

---

From: "Ed Reed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:34:41 -0600

I regret I won't be able to attend the meeting, but am glad I had the chance
to discuss several of these issues with Skip in London.

I'll be happy to provide you with input, and would be willing to phone into
the meeting if that were permitted, particularly with regard to the
potential
for converged LDAP/X.500 work, and on the subentries discussion.

Regards,
Ed Reed
+1 801 376 0326 (for a while) (cell, Utah)
+1 716 624 2402 (eventually) (Upstate NY)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hoyt L. Kesterson II" <[email-masked]>
To: "OSI Directory List" <[email-masked]>; "IETF LDAP"
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 12:01 PM
Subject: revised agenda for the flagstaff meeting

> To prepare for that discussion I suggest you read the document Skip
ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Flagstaff2001/InputDocuments/UnofficialS
ubentriesInLDAP.pdf
> "canali" leading to the speculations of life on Mars. See
http://aerospacescholars.org/scholars/earthmars/unit1/canali_and_first_marti
ans.htm