Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-kashi-attr-scoped-query-01.txt

From: "Asaf Kashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:56:24 -0800

Revision 01 of this draft has been published with minor document changes
based on some feedback.  I intend to pursue this as a personal
submission to the IESG in the future and appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Asaf

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 3:58 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kashi-attr-scoped-query-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Attribute Scoped Query: control for searching 
                          DN-valued multi-value attributes
	Author(s)	: A. Kashi
	Filename	: draft-kashi-attr-scoped-query-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 20-Nov-01
	
There are times when an LDAP search would return a DN-valued 
attribute with multiple values.  As the number of values in a multi-
value attribute increases, it becomes apparent that a way to query 
the multi-valued attribute is increasingly valuable.  This document 
describes an LDAP extended search control that returns DN-valued 
attributes as objects and their respective attributes in the 
searchResultEntry and also allows filters to be applied to the 
values in a large multi-valued attribute.  Using this control to 
search multi-valued attributes reduces the number of client round 
trips.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kashi-attr-scoped-query-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kashi-attr-scoped-query-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kashi-attr-scoped-query-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.