Subject: on snmp and ldap

From: Dhananjay Kulkarni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:04:45 -0500

Hello,

I was reading the RFC 2926 on the conversion of LDAP Schemas to and from
SLP templates.
I have a few questions which are not directly replated, but thought I
would be able to get a feedback from you.
1. Has there been an attempt to map SNMP MIBs to and from LDAP schemas?
(..although there is a RFC 2605)
2. Does you know if supporting  SLP thro LDAP depends in the update
rates that are a bottleneck for LDAP directories.
3. How diff will SNMP mapping to LDAP be different from SLP? I mean
whats could be the major difference?

Thanks!
-Dhananjay

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dhananjay Kulkarni (Danny)
email: [email-masked]
web  : http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~kulkarni
phone: 909-787-1946
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor
touched..but are felt in the heart"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------