Subject: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-haripriya-dynamicgroup-00.txt

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:23:07 -0700

So, I screwed up and left the word "ldap" out of the title of this one. Review and comments appreciated.

Jim

>>> <[email-masked]> 11/20/01 05:12AM >>>
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dynamic Groups for LDAPV3
	Author(s)	: S. Haripriya et al.
	Filename	: draft-haripriya-dynamicgroup-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 19-Nov-01
	
This draft describes the requirements, semantics, schema elements, 
and operations needed for a dynamic group feature in LDAP. A dynamic 
group is defined here as a group object with a membership list of 
distinguished names that is dynamically generated using LDAP search 
criteria. The dynamic membership list may then be interrogated by 
LDAP search and compare operations, and be used to identify a group 
of access control subjects. This feature eliminates a huge amount of 
the administrative effort required today for maintaining group 
memberships and role-based operations in large enterprises.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haripriya-dynamicgroup-00.txt 

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-haripriya-dynamicgroup-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt 

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-haripriya-dynamicgroup-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.