Subject: [ldapext] Attribute type ref, usage distributedOperation and Manage DSA IT mode

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 09:15:52 +0200

HI!

The USAGE of attribute type 'ref' is distributedOperation.

 From draft-ietf-ldapbis-models-10:

   A usage of directoryOperation, distributedOperation, or dSAOperation
   indicates that attributes of this type represent operational and/or
   administrative information.  That is, they are operational attributes.

So far, so good.

But if a client is in Manage DSA IT mode 'ref' is not an operational 
attribute from the client's perspective. How should the client behave?
Background: In web2ldap I solely present non-operational and user-editable 
attributes to the user when generating input forms. Hmm, I probably have to 
add special treatment for 'ref' considering the Manage DSA IT mode.

Ciao, Michael.

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 06:41:27 -0700

At 12:15 AM 5/5/2004, Michael Ströder wrote:
>But if a client is in Manage DSA IT mode 'ref' is not an operational attribute from the client's perspective.

Says which RFC?

The Manage DSA IT control does not alter the usage of attribute
types.  The control just causes the operation to act in a DSA IT
instead in the DIT.

>How should the client behave?
>Background: In web2ldap I solely present non-operational and user-editable attributes to the user when generating input forms. Hmm, I probably have to add special treatment for 'ref' considering the Manage DSA IT mode.
>
>Ciao, Michael.
>