Subject: [ldapext] Server implementations of LDAP transactions?

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:26:34 +0200

HI!

Which LDAP servers have support LDAP transactions as defined in RFC 5805?
Is it used with any particular use-cases?

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: Neil Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:02:07 -0500

> Is it used with any particular use-cases?

The UnboundID Directory Server has full support for LDAP transactions as
described in RFC 5805.  These transactions are also supported through the
UnboundID Directory Proxy Server in configurations in which all backend
servers have identical sets of data, as well as support for transactions in
certain entry-balanced configurations (where the data may be split up into
multiple non-identical sets.

In addition, the UnboundID LDAP SDK for Java includes a simple in-memory
directory server that is primarily intended for application development and
testing purposes rather than any kind of production use.  This in-memory
directory server also provides full support for LDAP transactions.

Neil Wilson

---

From: Howard Chu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 06:29:59 +0100

> Which LDAP servers have support LDAP transactions as defined in RFC 5805?

It's currently in OpenLDAP's git repo and support will be in release 2.5.

> Is it used with any particular use-cases?

The main driver this time around was supporting Samba 4. A lot of the 
Microsoft AD-related attributes require referential integrity to be maintained 
atomically.

-- 
   -- Howard Chu
   CTO, Symas Corp.           http://www.symas.com
   Director, Highland Sun     http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
   Chief Architect, OpenLDAP  http://www.openldap.org/project/

---

From: Jim Willeke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 06:38:15 -0400

OID claims support for RFC 5805. (
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28280_01/admin.1111/e10029/rfcs.htm)

-jim
á §

--
-jim
Jim Willeke

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:29 AM, Howard Chu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Microsoft AD-related attributes require referential integrity to be
> maintained atomically.
>
> --
>   -- Howard Chu
> _______________________________________________
> Ldapext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext
>