Subject: UUID Ref.

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:14:13 +0000

Hi -

As promised in Friday's meeting, here is the reference to the UUID
specification.

The document concerned is Open Group Document C706 - DCE 1.1: Remote
Procedure Call. This is freely available over the web. To get into the
whole document via its TOC, go to
http://www.opengroup.org/publications/catalog/c706.htm   Appendix A is at
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009629399/apdxa.htm - in the current
version, this appears to be a specification of the UUID format rather than
a sample implementation description.

Regards,

Chris
+++++

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
           Chris Harding
  T H E    Development Manager
 O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked]   Ph: +44 118 950 8311 x2262
           WWW: http://www.opengroup.org    Fx: +44 118 950 0110  

OSF/1, Motif, UNIX and the "X" device are registered trademarks in
the US and other countries, and IT DialTone and The Open Group are
trademarks of The Open Group.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------