Subject: Comments to ldup draft

From: "Pearlman, Naty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:48:55 +0200

Hello,

I suggest that the terms "Replica Ring" and " Replication" should explicitly
define that standard replication is to be enabled between different
Directory vendors, even though it is defined in 5.1

I suggest that it is the mission of the working group to define the standard
schema (as part of the draft or as part of the RFC) that is mentioned in
7.1, 7.2 in order to make sure that all Directory vendors implementations
expose the same information.

I suggest that a conceptual outline of conflict resolution procedures should
be part of the draft (or the RFC) , to make sure that the tools developed by
Directory vendors for conflict resolution enable resolution on all
Directories participating in any replication agreement, especially when they
are not from a single Directory vendor.

Regards,

Naty Pearlman
Comverse Network Systems
Tel: (972) 3 645 2047
Fax:(972) 3 645 4866
Email: [email-masked]