Subject: Re: [ledbat] LEDBAT over TCP?

From: Murari Sridharan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:28:23 -0700

Per-Stas from an earlier email. 

Note that the draft describes the congestion control and not the
framing.  The congestion control scheme could be applicable in a
variety of scenarios: over UDP, as a TCP mod, over TCP, as a CCID for
DCCP, as an SCTP mod, etc.
Over TCP has some practical disadvantages, such as inability to
control packet size to reduce serialization on slow links and very
hard to debug interactions between control loops.  It's still an
option, and you're free to use this technique even if I couldn't get
it to work.  The framing is out of scope for the WG -- it was dropped
from the charter.

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jitu Padhye [[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:14 PM
To: Stanislav Shalunov
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [ledbat] LEDBAT over TCP?

Stas:

Is it expected that people will run this solution over TCP, or is it meant for running over UDP only?

Also (and I think someone asked this before) is there an NS simulation model that people can play with?

Thanks,

- Jitu

_______________________________________________
ledbat mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ledbat