Subject: Re: [ledbat] Open issues, part 1

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:02:32 +0200

Hi,

first, sorry for the late response but hopefully this will start the 
discussion now...

see inline...

On Tuesday 08 June 2010 16:03:37 Rolf Winter wrote:
> 1. Parameters
> There were comments on the parameterization of the congestion control
> draft. The main concern was that they seem to come out of thin air. To
> close this issue I'd like to ask the group whether they think the
> parameters are sensible or not (e.g. 25ms delay target). It would be good
> to hear from people such as, say, game developers what they have to say
> about this target. A better description of why these were chosen is surely
> something that should go into the text.
I would like to see in Section 5 a more detailed description about what these 
parameters are meant for. Maybe just give a reference to the previous 
sections. Add maybe also an explanation what are the lower and upper bounds 
for the parameterization if there are some.
And then maybe have another section where you do recommendations on the 
parameterization. This will give you the chance to explain closer in which 
scenario this values have been used and tested.

We have an own ledbat implementation as kernel module and want to do some 
experiments where we play with those parameters. Our work got a little stuck 
in the last weeks but I'll let you know if we see anything intresting...

Mirja