Subject: Re: IM and UM

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 01:42:42 -0500

Eric Burger wrote:
> 
> Honestly, IM wasn't on the radar screen.  There has been a lot of
> thought on
> the notification side, like Rohan's work on SIP-mwi and Noam's work on
> SNAP.
> Are you're thinking of a short message store in the case of a person
> sending
> an off-line IM?  

Exactly.

> If so, no, we haven't thought about it and yes, we
> really
> should.

Good. Unified is hardly unified if it leaves off a fairly major piece of
messaging. 

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com