Subject: [lemonade] Question 4: should future-delivery be per-recipient?

From: "Greg White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:31:24 -0500

OK, here's the last question for right now....

Should a user be able to specify different future-xxxx requests for
different recipients of the same message?  That is, move the new HOLD
parm(s) from the MAIL command to the RCPT command?  Or is that just
overkill?

Greg White

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:38:40 -0700 (PDT)

> parm(s) from the MAIL command to the RCPT command?  Or is that just

I think it's overkill.  But that may be because I can easily implement it 
for all recipients and it'd be quite a bit more work to do it with 
different values for individuals recipients.  So I'm biased.  :-)

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

---

From: Antony Bowesman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:47:58 +0300

> parm(s) from the MAIL command to the RCPT command?  Or is that just

Linking message release to recipients would be useful if this were about 
delivery, but I agree with Mark that the extra implementation effort is overkill.

Antony

---

From: Anil SRIVASTAVA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:04:34 -0700

[resend due to problems on mail server]

Overkill IMHO.  The complexity it introduces is not worth the
flexibility.  I would suggest that this be a per-message option.

Anil

-- 
_______________
Anil SRIVASTAVA
[email-masked]