Subject: [lemonade] Question 1: how to rename the future delivery extension

From: "Greg White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:49:33 -0500

Hello folks,

Apologies for the silence, but I am now caught up on the list, getting ready
to make edits, and wanted to pose some questions and provide choices based
on my observations.  I'll pose each question in a different email.

Question 1:

It seems as if the list is split as to whether the name of the extension be
changed according to the function the extension actually provides.  I now
understand that FUTUREDELIVERY is a misnomer, and agree that the name, and
associated verbiage in the draft, be changed to reflect truth.  I have seen
FUTURESUBMISSION suggested on the list.  Based on the change we are making
to the draft abstract, FUTURERELEASE also seems like a workable choice.  The
change to the abstract is as follows: 

"This memo defines an extension to the SMTP submission protocol for a client
to indicate a future time for the message to be released for delivery."

I personally am leaning towards FUTURERELEASE, changing the name of the
draft to "SMTP Service Extension for Future Message Release", and changing
the affected text.

Any comments?

Greg White

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:21:10 -0700 (PDT)

How about HOLDUTIL for the date-time version, and HOLDFOR for the interval 
version?  That seems to state quite clearly what it does.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.