Subject: [lemonade] Comments about draft-ietf-lemonade-burl-03.txt

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:44:20 +0100

Hi Chris,
Some last-minute comments on BURL, mostly editorial.

1).
 >5.  Updates to RFC 3463
 >
 >   SMTP or Submit servers which advertise ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES [RFC2034]
 >   may includes enhanced status codes defined in RFC 3463 [RFC3463].

"may include"?

After rereading this sentence it looks strange to me. Are you trying to 
say that if RFC 2034 is supported, then enhanced status codes defined in 
RFC 3463 must be supported as well (in which case "may" ==> MUST)? Or 
are you trying to say that RFC 2034 only references RFC 1893 (which is a 
precursor for RFC 3463), so the document is only trying to encourage 
people to implement RFC 3463?

2). You need to update the text to say that TLS+PLAIN authentication 
requirement is coming from RFC 3501.
Mark has suggested some text.

In relation to this: I don't think reference to PLAIN is Normative. It 
is a normative reference for RFC 3501.

3). Need to update reference to the ABNF document (RFC 4234).

Alexey

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade