Subject: [lemonade] notifications - xmpp pubsub

From: Tony Finch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:46:22 +0100

The publish/subscribe extension to Jabber seems like a reasonable way of
doing out-of-band notifications. Perhaps it also answers the question of
how a client can plausibly download and display the state of a user's
notification filters.

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0060.html

Tony.
-- 
f.a.n.finch  <[email-masked]>  http://dotat.at/
SHANNON ROCKALL MALIN HEBRIDES BAILEY: SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7, VEERING WEST
FOR A TIME. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD, BECOMING POOR AT TIMES.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:06:17 -0700

>  http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0060.html

Could someone more familiar than I with the details of the protocol 
say how the client would discover the details of the available 
notifications?

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
Everyone knows that dragons don't exist.  But while this simplistic
formulation may satisfy the layman, it does not suffice for the
scientific mind.  The School of Higher Neantical Nillity is in fact
wholly unconcerned with what does exist.  Indeed, the banality of
existence has been so amply demonstrated, there is no need for us to
discuss it any further here.  The brilliant Cerebron, attacking the
problem analytically, discovered three distinct kinds of dragon: the
mythical, the chimerical, and the purely hypothetical.  They were all,
one might say, nonexistent, but each nonexisted in an entirely
different way......