Subject: [LOOPS] Loops BOF approved

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 08:58:32 +0000

Hi,

We have approved a non-wg forming BOF for Loops. The reason for Non-WG
forming is that we ADs first like to determine the interest in the
problem space and the proposed technical direction to solve the problem.
As this problem space falls across both transport and internet area we
feel it is important that Loops gets known in these communities.

As there are some question marks around how to best organize the work
and the relation to existing WGs for example in INT area working on
tunnels, we can avoid that distraction at the BOF with the exact details
of the charter and focus on the bigger picture. If the BOF is showing
sufficient interest in the problem, a WG charter and potential charter
updates for existing WGs can be discussed in between the meetings. A
second BOF would in that case only be needed if there is a perceived
need to discuss the charter details in a face to face meeting.

The ADs are working on appointing BOF chairs.

I hope to see more activity on this mailing list leading up to the meeting.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 
Transport AD

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 11:09:19 +0200

> I hope to see more activity on this mailing list leading up to the meeting.

Thank you, Magnus.

Given that we have a solution proposal,

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-welzl-loops-gen-info

I think a good next step would be to have some discussion about its general technical direction, as well as a number of specific issues that have already been raised off-line.

I’ll send a (paced) sequence of messages asking specific questions about the solution draft to the list.  Please reply within those threads, so we can maintain some structure.

If you have even more general observations/questions about the next steps for this activity, the present thread is probably the best to reply to.

Grüße, Carsten