Subject: [LOOPS] Results of the BOF

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 12:08:33 -0400

Given that this was a non-WG-forming BOF that was not supposed to discuss scope, the result “we are not sure about the scope of this work” is pretty much what was to be expected.

As a reminder and segue to the discussion about the scope that we weren’t supposed to have at the non-WG-forming BOF today — here is the proposal for a scope we have developed in the last 8 months:

https://github.com/loops-wg/charter

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 16:01:21 -0400

I haven't asked the ADs or my co-chair about this, but

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 12:08 PM Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Given that this was a non-WG-forming BOF that was not supposed to discuss
> scope, the result “we are not sure about the scope of this work” is pretty
> much what was to be expected.
>

this sounds like a good plan, and we have the most time for face-to-face
hallway conversations that BOF attendees can have during IETF week, because
we met Monday morning, but *please* start a thread for a question that you
haven't seen discussed on the list yet!

Someday, someone's going to have to figure out what "the community" wants
to propose for a working group, and some IESG is going to have to figure
whether "the community" agrees with that proposal. Please Do The Right
Thing.

Thanks!

Spencer, who doesn't actually have a dot after the BOF, so typing as an
individual participant

>
> As a reminder and segue to the discussion about the scope that we weren’t
> supposed to have at the non-WG-forming BOF today — here is the proposal for
> a scope we have developed in the last 8 months:
>
> --
> LOOPS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/loops
>