Subject: [lp-wan] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-12.txt

From: ana minaburo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 11:58:35 +0200

Hello,

Here you will find a new version of the draft SCHC IP/UDP with the
Dominique git pull for Compression Residue, also I've added the SCHC F/R
term, modifications of figure 5, and I've eliminated the LSB y argument.

Ana

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, May 18, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-12.txt
To: Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>, Ana Minaburo <
[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Laurent Toutain <
[email-masked]>, Carles Gomez <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-12.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ana Minaburo and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc
Revision:       12
Title:          LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) and
fragmentation for IPv6 and UDP
Document date:  2018-05-18
Group:          lpwan
Pages:          62
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-
static-context-hc-12.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-
static-context-hc/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-
context-hc-12
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-
ipv6-static-context-hc
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-
static-context-hc-12

Abstract:
   This document defines the Static Context Header Compression (SCHC)
   framework, which provides header compression and fragmentation
   functionality.  SCHC has been tailored for Low Power Wide Area
   Networks (LPWAN).

   SCHC compression is based on a common static context stored in both
   LPWAN devices and in the network sides.  This document defines SCHC
   header compression mechanism and its deployment for IPv6/UDP headers.
   This document also specifies a fragmentation and reassembly mechanism
   that is used to support the IPv6 MTU requirement over the LPWAN
   technologies.  The Fragmentation is needed for IPv6 datagrams that,
   after SCHC compression or when it has not been possible to apply such
   compression, still exceed the layer two maximum payload size.

   The SCHC header compression mechanism is independent of the specific
   LPWAN technology over which it will be used.  Note that this document
   defines generic functionalities and advisedly offers flexibility with
   regard to parameters settings and mechanism choices, that are
   expected to be made in other technology-specific documents.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat