Subject: [lp-wan] Call for Book Chapters: LPWAN Technologies for IoT and M2M Applications to be Published by Elsevier - Deadline approaching

From: Bharat Chaudhari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 19:18:41 +0530

*[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFC]*

*Proposal Submission Deadline: **January 21, 2019*

*Call for Book Chapters*

*For the Book*

*LPWAN Technologies for IoT and M2M Applications*

*Scheduled to be published by Elsevier in Year 2019*

With the emergence of Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M)
Communication, it has become imperative to research on new data
transmission and reception technologies to support development of
innovative applications. Some of the most essential requirements of IoT/M2M
devices are minimal electrical power consumption, longer transmission
distance, scalability, and acceptable RF interference. To support these
requirements, recently a new paradigm of Low Power Wide Area Networks
(LPWAN) has been evolved. Some of the prominent technology candidates for
LPWAN are LoRa, Sigfox, Weightless, NB-IoT, LTE-M, and others. This book
would present LPWAN technologies along with their wide range of
applications, security issues, challenges, and future directions. We strive
to present current advances on novel ideas and practical aspects concerning
LPWAN technologies. This book will be useful to the students, academicians,
researchers, industry professionals in the selection of right technology,
the design of the networks, implementing IoT applications, and for
research. Chapters with research focus are invited on the below topics of
interest, but *not limited *to:

§  Design Challenges and Network Architectures

§  LoRa – Long Range Communication Technology

§  LoRaWAN and Protocol Stack

§  SIGFOX

§  Weightless Technology

§  Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT)

§  LTE for Machine Type Communication (LTE-M)

§  Other Promising LPWAN Technologies

§  Comparison of the Technologies

§  Energy Optimization

§  Cognitive LPWAN

§  Spectrum Management and Role of TV White Spaces

§  LPWAN for M2M Communication and Industrial IoT

§  Co-location and Interference Avoidance

§  Artificial Intelligence for LPWAN

§  Software Platforms for LPWAN

§  Security Issues for LPWAN

§  Role of LPWAN for Smart City

§  Applications and Use Cases of LPWAN in Various Industry Sectors such as
Oil and Gas, Automotive and Transportation, Agriculture, Health,

   Environment, Nuclear, Manufacturing, and others

§  Future Directions

*Submission Procedure*

Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit a 2 - 3 page chapter
proposal by January 21, 2019 to the editors (email address: [email-masked]).
The proposals should contain proposed title of the chapter, mission of the
chapter, table of contents, full details of authors, their affiliations,
and contact details. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by
February 9, 2019 about the status of their proposals along with chapter
writing guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by April 15,
2019.

Important Dates:

*January 21, 2019        :           Proposal Submission Deadline*

February 9, 2019        :           Notification of Acceptance of proposals

April 15, 2019             :           Full Chapter Submission

May 15, 2019              :           Review Result Returned

June 10, 2019              :           Revised Chapter Submission

July 1, 2019                 :           Final Acceptance Notification

July 20, 2019               :           Final Chapter Submission

For more information, contact the Editor (Bharat Chaudhari, [email-masked])

Editors:

*Dr. Bharat S. Chaudhari*

School of Electronics and Communication Engineering

MIT World Peace University

S124, Paud Road

Kothrud, Pune - 411038, India

Tel.:  +91 20 30273400, 3027-3070 (D), Cell: +91 9823248505

Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]

*Dr. Marco Zennaro*

Telecommunications/ICT4D Laboratory

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada  Costiera,  11-I-34151

Trieste, Italy

Tel: +39 040 2240 406

Email: [email-masked]