Subject: [lp-wan] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-02.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 13:29:23 +0100

Dear 6lo WG,

(CC'ing lpwan.)

Please find below the main pointers to an updated version of
draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4.

The main changes in this last update are:

- RuleID size is now not fixed (a recommendation is given).

- Dev and App roles are now also used in peer-to-peer IEEE 802.15.4
networks (with some pending solution/mechanism to be devised). The former
tentative (and alternative) approach for such networks has been removed.

- Integrity protection (e.g. from link-layer security) is required to
protect SCHC headers.

Comments will be appreciated!

Cheers,

Carles (on behalf of the authors)

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-02.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Fri, March 4, 2022 1:10 pm
To:      "Ana Minaburo" <[email-masked]>
         "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carles Gomez and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4
Revision:	02
Title:		Transmission of SCHC-compressed packets over IEEE 802.15.4 networks
Document date:	2022-03-04
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4/
Htmlized:      
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4
Diff:          
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-02

Abstract:
   A framework called Static Context Header Compression and
   fragmentation (SCHC) has been designed with the primary goal of
   supporting IPv6 over Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technologies
   [RFC8724].  One of the SCHC components is a header compression
   mechanism.  If used properly, SCHC header compression allows a
   greater compression ratio than that achievable with traditional
   6LoWPAN header compression [RFC6282].  For this reason, it may make
   sense to use SCHC header compression in some 6LoWPAN environments,
   including IEEE 802.15.4 networks.  This document specifies how a
   SCHC-compressed packet can be carried over IEEE 802.15.4 networks.

The IETF Secretariat