Subject: [Lsr] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-02

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 10:19:54 -0700

Reviewer: Ben Niven-Jenkins
Review result: Has Nits

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft. The
Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related drafts as
they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes on special
request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to the Routing ADs.
For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it would
be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last Call
comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through discussion or by
updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-02.txt
Reviewer: Ben Niven-Jenkins
Review Date: 3 May 2018
Intended Status: Standards Track

Summary: This document is basically ready for publication, but has nits that
should be considered prior to publication.

Comments: The document is readable and succinctly addresses the use case
outlined.

Minor issues:
Section 3, paragraph 4 states:

   If the Node Attribute TLV carries both the Node IPv4 Local Address
   sub-TLV and the Node IPv6 Local Address sub-TLV, then the X-AF
   component must be considered for the consolidated calculation of MPLS
   TE LSPs.

Is the lowercase must supposed to be an uppercase MUST?

Nits:
Section 4, paragraph 1 states:

   Way of using
   these TLVs as specified in this document is fully backward compatible
   with previous standard documents.

This does not read quite right to me. Maybe you should consider rewording it to
something like the text I suggest below. Also when you say “standard documents”
do you mean RFCs? Is it worth citing an example for completeness?

   The way these TLVs are used, as specified in this document, is fully
   backward compatible with earlier RFCs.

Regards
Ben

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 19:10:23 +0000

[Speaking as an author.]

Hi Ben!

Thanks for the review. We will address these nits in a future revision of the draft.

Alvaro.
From: Ben Niven-Jenkins
To: rtg-dir<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: lsr<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>;draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te.all<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>;rtg-ads<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-02
Time: 2018-05-03 12:20:05

Hello,

Minor issues:

Nits:

   Way of using

Regards
Ben