Subject: [Lsr] RFC 8379 on OSPF Graceful Link Shutdown

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 17:21:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8379

        Title:      OSPF Graceful Link Shutdown 
        Author:     S. Hegde,
                    P. Sarkar,
                    H. Gredler,
                    M. Nanduri,
                    L. Jalil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37671
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8379

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8379

When a link is being prepared to be taken out of service, the traffic
needs to be diverted from both ends of the link.  Increasing the
metric to the highest value on one side of the link is not sufficient
to divert the traffic flowing in the other direction.

It is useful for the routers in an OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 routing domain to
be able to advertise a link as being in a graceful-shutdown state to
indicate impending maintenance activity on the link.  This
information can be used by the network devices to reroute the traffic
effectively.

This document describes the protocol extensions to disseminate
graceful-link-shutdown information in OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 09:59:51 +0000

Congrats and Thanks to the Authors! Thanks to Karen Moore for RFC Editorship.  
Acee

On 5/11/18, 8:23 PM, "Lsr on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

            RFC 8379

    
    
            DOI:        10.17487/RFC8379

    

    

    

    The RFC Editor Team

    _______________________________________________
    Lsr mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr