Subject: [Lsr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-02.txt> (IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:08:40 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric
Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
   information networks (e.g., stock market data providers), network-
   performance criteria (e.g., latency) are becoming as critical to
   data-path selection as other metrics.

   This document describes extensions to IS-IS Traffic Engineering
   Extensions (RFC 5305) such that network-performance information can
   be distributed and collected in a scalable fashion.  The information
   distributed using IS-IS TE Metric Extensions can then be used to make
   path-selection decisions based on network performance.

   Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which
   network-performance information is distributed.  The mechanisms for
   measuring network performance or acting on that information, once
   distributed, are outside the scope of this document.

   This document obsoletes RFC 7810.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3257/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3259/