Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'OSPF LLS Extensions for Local Interface ID Advertisement' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 17:41:52 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF LLS Extensions for Local Interface ID Advertisement'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id/

Technical Summary

   This draft describes the extensions to OSPF link-local signalling
   (LLS) to advertise the Local Interface Identifier.

Working Group Summary

      There was initially some contention as to whether interface ID 
      discovery via OSPFv2 LLS was required given that the interface ID 
      can be advertised via OSPF GMPLS TE extensions [RFC4203]. However, 
      given that the advantages of fewer LSAs, discovery concurrent with 
      neighbor discovery, and incompatibilities with implementations 
      adding nodes to the TE topology, the consensus was to advance this 
      simple mechanism. Additionally, both IS-IS and OSPFv3 have similar 
      hello-based interface ID discovery.

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for more than 1 year and has had
      several good reviews.  The author list includes multiple vendor affiliations.

Personnel

      Yingzhen Qu is the Document Shepherd.
      Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.