Subject: [Lsr] "Restart Signaling for IS-IS" - draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:19:42 +0000

All,

In preparation for WG last call, I’d like to know whether or not you’ve reviewed the draft (not whether you support it). If you haven’t reviewed it and would be willing to review it, please indicate that as well. I’m doing this since the author’s request for WG last call is coming fairly quickly by IETF standards. Note that the changes from RFC 5306 are (extracted from Appendix A):

   This document extends RFC 5306 by introducing support for signalling
   the neighbors of a restarting router that a planned restart is about
   to occur.  This allows the neighbors to be aware of the state of the
   restarting router so that appropriate action may be taken if other
   topology changes occur while the planned restart is in progress.
   Since the forwarding plane of the restarting router is maintained
   based upon the pre-restart state of the network, additional topology
   changes introduce the possibility that traffic may be lost if paths
   via the restarting router continue to be used while the restart is in
   progress.

   In support of this new functionality two new flags have been
   introduced:

      PR - Restart is planned
      PA - Planned restart acknowledgement

   No changes to the post restart exchange between the restarting router
   and its neighbors have been introduced.

Thanks,
Acee