Subject: [Lsr] Flooding Reduction Draft Discussion - a naive question

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 13:09:35 -0500

In working through the emails on the flooding reduction concepts,  I have a
few question:   Is this work is simply for the spine-leaf topologies or for
multiple topologies?   . Does this work consider all of the following
networks: spine-leaf data centers, 802.1 Provider Bridging, IPRAN
topologies, banking networks, and IoT sensor networks?  

If this technology is for multiple topologies, it is useful to have a
discussion of convergence problems within these diverse networks.   I have
observed in WG meetings and on-list the following problem scenarios: a)
spine-leaf convergence problem descriptions and b) Dave Allan's description
of the 802.1 Provider Bridging (PBB) convergence issues.   Did I miss other
problem convergence discussions?  

Sue

PS -  As part of some research for IPRAN topologies, I wrote-up a
description of convergence problems for the IPRAN ring-grid topologies.  I
am looking for something like: 

https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hares-lsr-grid-ring-convergence-0
0.txt