Subject: [Lsr] RFC 8500 on IS-IS Routing with Reverse Metric

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 11:11:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8500

        Title:      IS-IS Routing with Reverse Metric 
        Author:     N. Shen, 
                    S. Amante,
                    M. Abrahamsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 34933
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8500

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8500

This document describes a mechanism to allow IS-IS routing to quickly
and accurately shift traffic away from either a point-to-point or
multi-access LAN interface during network maintenance or other
operational events.  This is accomplished by signaling adjacent IS-IS
neighbors with a higher reverse metric, i.e., the metric towards the
signaling IS-IS router.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC