Subject: [Lsr] [Errata Rejected] RFC2328 (5684)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 14:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC2328,
"OSPF Version 2".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5684

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Editorial

Reported by: jonathan natale <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2019-04-04
Rejected by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 9.4

Original Text
-------------
These two alternatives (~=">=1 BDRs" vs. ~="no BDRs") seem (to me at
least, maybe I missed the point) to have the same outcome (~="highest
becomes BDR")--please clarify it:
If one or more of these
            routers have declared themselves Backup Designated
Router[alternative1]
            (i.e., they are currently listing themselves as Backup
            Designated Router, but not as Designated Router, in their
            Hello Packets) the one having highest Router Priority is
            declared to be Backup Designated Router.  In case of a tie,
            the one having the highest Router ID is chosen.  If no
            routers have declared themselves Backup Designated
Router[alternative2],

Moy                         Standards Track                    [Page 75]
 
RFC 2328                     OSPF Version 2                   April 1998

            choose the router having highest Router Priority, (again
            excluding those routers who have declared themselves
            Designated Router), and again use the Router ID to break
            ties.

Corrected Text
--------------
TBD

Notes
-----
It is unclear to me if a BDR should get preempted (I know the BDR should not).
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
   The confusion was cleared on the WG list.

--------------------------------------
RFC2328 (no draft string recorded)
--------------------------------------
Title               : OSPF Version 2
Publication Date    : April 1998
Author(s)           : J. Moy
Category            : INTERNET STANDARD
Source              : Open Shortest Path First IGP
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG