Subject: [Lsr] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy-04.txt

From: Sarah Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 20:20:52 -0700

Hello,

We updated the IS-IS Area Proxy draft with more details on SRv6 and TE
support. We'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Sarah

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:46 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy-04.txt
To: Tony Li <[email-masked]>, Yunxia Chen <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sarah Chen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy
Revision:       04
Title:          Area Proxy for IS-IS
Document date:  2020-04-20
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          19
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy-04.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy-04
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-lsr-isis-area-proxy-04

Abstract:
   Link state routing protocols have hierarchical abstraction already
   built into them.  However, when lower levels are used for transit,
   they must expose their internal topologies to each other, leading to
   scale issues.

   To avoid this, this document discusses extensions to the IS-IS
   routing protocol that would allow level 1 areas to provide transit,
   yet only inject an abstraction of the level 1 topology into level 2.
   Each level 1 area is represented as a single level 2 node, thereby
   enabling greater scale.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat